Monday, October 20, 2008

Tess is testing me

Tess has really been testing me lately. She has gotten such a lil tude. She has been trying to pick my flowers all summer. Finally a few weeks ago when I still had flowers I just gave up and let her pick them. She thought the whole flower behind the ear thing was so funny I had to get a pic.

Tess has discovered the therapeutic attributes of art. Apparently she was so into her painting (penning) she didn't see where the paper ended and where her arm started.

Tess thinks that everything and everyone is a chair if it's on the floor. If you are laying on the floor she will sit on your face like it's no big deal. Then when you protest she will move to your stomach and bounce up and down repeatedly.


Some of you will find this hard to believe but I don't wear lipstick much anymore. Not because I don't like it but because I just forget to get ready most days. Anyway I was truly shocked when I saw that Tess knew where to apply lipstick. She is such a naughty girl I found her like this, lipstick in hand, she knew she had done something very very bad.


9 comments:

Eric and Maryn said...

Your Tess is a cutie. I love her "penning." Ellie also thinks if you're sitting on the floor, you must be a chair. We've had several "talks" about climbing all over people. You're right about David being a Cook baby and John an Allred baby. That's what everyone says. Also, we really did want to give strong normal names. We must be on the same wavelength... :)

Chris and Kerri said...

Jack....love that you "forget" to get ready...you are so dang funny. When are you coming up again? We need to get together so you can hang all over me at lunch so people think we are lesbian...good times!

Chris and Kerri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
grifandlisa said...

A tip from Rhett: When Tessie draws on paper, make sure you put another paper over her arm...just in case.

Britt said...

kids are fun aren't they? Tess has such big beautiful eyes in that drawing picture :) (be grateful that it wasn't permanent marker on all four living room walls- then again, I'm sure you'll get your turn :D ) Made me and Brett both smile big when we read your comment on our blog!

Karalee said...

Oh how can that cute little girl test anyone? :) I love the pic with the flowers in her hair. She is a doll!

Chapman Herd said...

Tess is Darling! Just wait till she gets a little older with an attitude...I swear girls are born with PMS. I am with Kerri....lets get together again.

Hillary said...

Oh my gosh i just found your blog. I am so excited to see your cute little girl. I can tell you are the best mom and you totally enjoy all of it even the messy stuff. email me hilllinga@hotmail.com

Hillary said...

my email is hilllinga103@hotmail.com