Wednesday, January 19, 2011

CHINA!

Nat had this AMAZING opportunity to go to China for work with his boss and long time friend Sam and his wife Kacie. I was so excited to hear they were going to bring me along for the ride. Wow! What an opportunity. I can't thank them enough for taking me with them. I will never ever forget this experience. I had such a blast! Sam and Kacie are truly a crack up to be around.
I had some wicked awesome photo captions, however when I went to post them alongside the pics they were not syncing up with the correct pic. I'll try and figure out how to use a computer and hopefully add them later.










































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































I was facinated with factory machinery advertising


The bullet train. Everyone's ears were going crazy except mine for some reason
Nat, Sam and Shirley. Shirley is so adorable. She negotiates with the factory owners and does quality control among many other things for Malouf Fine Linens.
Okay...so Kacie told me about these "squatter" toilets while flying over the pacific. I had no idea these toilets even existed and then to find out they were the norm? Oh my... I was in complete shock and horror. When I had to use one of these I actually shed tears. What a baby I know. I begged Nat to come in with me and hold me up so I wouldn't fall in or dampen my drawers. He wouldn't of course.

6 comments:

Chris and Kerri said...

Jac-I am SO excited you were able to go to China! What a neat opportunity. But I am glad you are back and missed ya! There is not a single picture of you in China, silly girl. Call soon and let's get together!

Kassi Luck said...

Looks like quite the trip. I would have been mortified to use those toilets too. Some of the food looks nasty, was it?? Glad you had a great time.

Kacie said...

You forgot to mention the time you saw someone going #2 on the squatter with the door open while texting.

Eric and Maryn said...

I love your pictures. I'm glad you had such a great opportunity. Is this Bejing or Shanghi? I've been to both, but my memories are fuzzy because it was so long ago. I did not love the squatters either.... Also, I didn't love the real Chinese food. So much MSG. I'll stick with American chinese.

melissa said...

HA! I think I would have been a little scared of that squatter too! And the food makes me nauseous just looking at it, but what an awesome experience!!

Roxie said...

I could look at your pics for hours..im way jealous so glad you got to go..next time take me with though.